Cultural Factors Regarding Sexuality in the Elderly
This course is designed to offer senior care professionals insight into the cultural components that form an individual’s concept of sexuality in order to promote a more culturally competent unit of care.
- Sexuality as a social construct
- Sexuality and aging
- Cultural perceptions of sexuality and masturbation
- Same-sex couples within a nursing home or assisted living community
- Cross-cultural sexual diversity
- Social organization of sexual relations
- Gender roles and sexuality
- NAB: This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 1.5 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS – approval# 20191213-1.50-A48724-DL – expires 12-13-2019.
- CE Broker Approved for Florida Long Term Care Administrators, Nurses, and Certified Nurse Aides as well as District of Columbia Certified Nurse Aides and Home Health Aides
- Oregon Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators: 2007-040: General 0 Ethics:4
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: Approval #: LTS -A1138 (Resident Care)