Depression in the Elderly
Learn how to identify and help elderly individuals with depression.
This course covers the following topics:
- What is Depression?
- What Causes Depression?
- Can anxiety lead to depression?
- Differentiating Dementia, Depression, and Delirium in the Elderly
- Signs and Symptoms of Depression
- Difficult to Diagnose
- Why it is important to treat
- Proper treatment can prevent suicide
- Passive Suicide
- Treatments for Depression
- How can I help?
- Can Depression be prevented?
- Cornell Scale of Depression in Dementia
- What depression is and what causes it
- How to differentiate between dementia, depression, and delirium in the elderly
- Signs and symptoms of depression
- Different treatments and treatment methods for depression in the elderly
- NAB: This educational offering has been reviewed by the National Continuing Education Review Service (NCERS) of the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) and approved for 1 clock hours.
- CE Broker Approved for Florida Long Term Care Administrators, Nurses, and Certified Nurse Aides as well as District of Columbia Certified Nurse Aides and Home Health Aides
- Continuing Education (CE) by the New Jersey Board of Social Work Examiners under N.J.A.C 13:44-6
- Michigan Department of Human Services: Approved for Adult Foster Care Administrators pursuant to Rules 400.14203 and 400.15203
- Oregon Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators: 2009-046: General 2 Ethics:0
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: Approval #: LTS -A1138 (Resident Care)