The Affordable Care Act and Your Senior Care Agency
The purpose of this course is to help owners and operators of senior care agencies understand the impact of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (known as the ACA) on long-term care providers and nursing facilities. This course covers legal requirements imposed by the ACA as well as state-to-state expanded healthcare options made available by ACA demonstration programs.
- Navigate questions of coverage among Medicare, Medicaid, and ACA Marketplace insurance plans for elderly clients
- Understand what forms of preventive healthcare the ACA protects for elderly clients
- Know how nursing home operators can remain compliant with nursing home improvement and transparency provisions of the ACA
- Understand legal responsibilities under ACA provisions designed to limit elder abuse
- Be aware of state-based Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) funded by the ACA
- NAB approval# 20191211-1-A48721-DL – expires 12/11/2019.
- National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards
- California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (LVN):#V-10621
- California Board of Registered Nurses
- District of Columbia Board of Nursing
- Florida Board of Nursing
- Florida Certified Nursing Assistant, Florida Board of Nursing