This course is available to the general public for purchase, and is intended for an intermediate audience of heath care professionals.
Living with the Challenging Symptoms of Dementia
This course provides an interactive overview of recent research findings related to the unique nature and impact of dementia symptoms. It also offers best practice treatment guidelines and tools for managing dementia symptoms and real stories from a dementia family caregiver.
- Define dementia
- List and describe 3 types of dementia
- List and describe 3 symptoms of dementia
- Identify aspects of quality of life that are impacted by dementia symptoms
- List and describe 4 non-medical treatment approaches for managing the symptoms of dementia
- 3 CEUs
- NAB – This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 3.0 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS – approval# 20190326-3-A40658-DL – expires 03/26/2019.
- KDHE – Kansas Administrators
- BVN – California Vocational Nurses
- Tennessee Physical Therapy Association