Memory Care: The Basics
This course teaches the foundations of care for clients with Alzheimer’s disease. By starting with the basics, you can begin your journey to understanding how Alzheimer’s affects those in your care. Learning the basic tools to memory care will help you help your clients.
NOTE: This course contains both Instructor Led and Active Learning components. You must spend at least 2 hours online to earn your Certificate for this course.
- What Causes Alzheimer’s Disease and how it is diagnosed and treated
- What the person with memory loss experiences
- How the disease progresses
- Basic Principles of Communication
- How to communicate with the Person with Dementia
- How to assist the person with memory loss with daily care
- NAB: This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 1.75 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS – approval# 20191022-1.75-A48123-DL – expires 10-22-2019.
- California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (LVN):#V-10621
- CE Broker Approved for Florida Long Term Care Administrators, Nurses, and Certified Nurse Aides as well as District of Columbia Certified Nurse Aides and Home Health Aides
- Oregon Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators: 2007-040: General 6 Ethics:0
- Michigan Department of Human Services: Approved for Adult Foster Care Administrators pursuant to Rules 400.14203 and 400.15203
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: Approval #: LTS -A1138 (Resident Care)