Memory Care: Vital Tools
This course covers family needs and involvement as well as building skills in preventing and managing behavioral challenges.
- Skills for Dealing with Families
- How to develop a strong, supportive Caregiver-Family team
- What can cause the person with dementia to experience behavioral challenges
- How to prevent behaviors from occurring
- How to respond when a behavior does occur
- How to create an appropriate plan to manage repeating behavioral challenges
- NAB: This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 1.75 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS – approval# 20191022-1.75-A48125-DL – expires 10-22-2019.
- California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (LVN):#V-10621
- Oregon Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators: 2007-040: General 6 Ethics:0
- Michigan Department of Human Services: Approved for Adult Foster Care Administrators pursuant to Rules 400.14203 and 400.15203
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: Approval #: LTS -A1138 (Administration)