Memory Enhanced Activities
When trying to figure out what works and doesn’t work, their face is your teacher. Every person is unique so there can be no rules when figuring out how to tap into the person’s identity. Avoid playing out in your head whether something will work or not. Try anything and everything, and the experience will teach you. Remember they usually do not understand the words coming out of your mouth, but they are more likely to understand what they see, touch, smell and hear. So put “stuff” back in their hands and see if it triggers a response. It’s not about the big things we do. You’ll see that it’s about the simple pleasures ie: a smile. Whenever anyone finds something that causes a positive reaction…tell everyone. So…we ALL can create a better day.
- Discover the treasures in each individual and how to incorporate these treasures into a memory enhanced program.
- Figure out the person’s development level and understand what abilities the person has left, then simplify, simplify until there is success.
- Recognize when they do something that causes a positive reaction it is a treasure and spontaneous activities creates a better day.
- NAB: This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 3.5 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS – approval # 20180927-3.50-A36722-DL, 9/28/2017 to 9/28/2018; approval # 20190927-3.50-A47123-DL, 9/28/2018 to 9/27/2019.
- CE Broker Approved for Florida Long Term Care Administrators, Nurses, and Certified Nurse Aides as well as District of Columbia Certified Nurse Aides and Home Health Aides
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: Approval #: LTS -A1138 (Resident Care)