This course is available to the general public for purchase, and is intended for an intermediate audience of heath care professionals.
Aphasia Solutions – Making Their Voices Heard
This course will present recent research related to the causes, types, symptoms and impact aphasia. Learners will also learn about best practice approaches to treat and manage aphasia.
Topics covered in this course include:
- About Aphasia
- Causes and Types of Aphasia
- Diagnose, Treat, and Manage Aphasia
- Form an Effective Care Team
- Innovative Therapy and Technology
- Fight back through advocacy
- Define aphasia
- Identify 5 common causes of aphasia
- List and describe the 5 types of aphasia and their respective symptoms
- Explain 3 ways that aphasia can impact quality of life
- Access the clinical practice guidelines for aphasia
- List and describe 4 tools that help people with aphasia to communicate more effectively
- NAB: This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 3.0 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS – approval# 20180729-3-A35529-DL – expires 07/29/2018, NAB approval# 20190729-3-A45844-DL – expires 07/29/2019.
- CE Broker Approved for Florida Long Term Care Administrators, Nurses, and Certified Nurse Aides as well as District of Columbia Certified Nurse Aides and Home Health Aides
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: Approval #: LTS -A1138 (Resident Care)
About the Instructor
EasyCEU.com, #1274, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. EasyCEU.com maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 01/06/2014 – 01/06/2015. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits.
Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 (clinical or social work ethics) continuing education clock hours.