Creating Moments of Joy
Share the vision. A vision that we will soon look beyond the challenges of Alzheimer’s disease and focus more of our energy on creating moments of joy. When the person has short-term memory loss their life is made up of moments. We cannot create a perfectly wonderful day, but it is absolutely attainable to create a perfectly wonderful moment. When we go where the person is living in their mind, we will create smiles by triggering memories that are engrained in them. Focusing on the abilities they have left instead of their losses may have the possibility of reviving their spirit and ours. Five minutes later, they won’t remember what you did or said, but the feeling you left them with will linger. As will the feeling the speaker leaves the audience as they laugh, cry and be inspired to create moments of joy.
- Understand the losses that people with dementia experience as the brain dies and how we can assist in compensating for these losses.
- Share many practical verbal and nonverbal communication skills which helps the person feel heard and supported.
- Learn how to creatively and effectively turn challenging situations into moments of joy.
- NAB: This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 3.5 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS – approval # 20181001-3.50-A36723-DL 10/2/2017 to 10/1/2018; approval # 20191001-3.50-A47124-DL, 10/2/2018 to 10/1/2019.
- CE Broker Approved for Florida Long Term Care Administrators, Nurses, and Certified Nurse Aides as well as District of Columbia Certified Nurse Aides and Home Health Aides
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: Approval #: LTS -A1138 (Resident Care)