Creating the Failure-Free Activity Program
This course takes you through the theory of WHY we lead the activities and WHO they impact. It offers a detailed description of the concept of HOW to assess clients to match them with activities as well as HOW to lead the activities.
- The broader perspective of our mission – the whys of leading activities
- How activities function as a behavioral modification technique.
- How Systems Theory applies to creating high-impact activities.
- How to perform a multi-dimensional assessment.
- How to truly create failure-free activities (it’s harder than it sounds).
- Why creating a schedule is important – and how to do it.
- How to create buy-in, interest and discover talent among other staff members.
- How to mix in tried and true activities as well as custom ones created just for your clients.
- How to match up activities to the unique needs of your clients.
- How to apply these principles learned throughout this course.
- NAB: This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 2.75 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS – approval# 20191022-2.75-A48122-DL – expires 10-22-2019.
- CE Broker Approved for Florida Long Term Care Administrators, Nurses, and Certified Nurse Aides as well as District of Columbia Certified Nurse Aides and Home Health Aides
- Michigan Department of Human Services: Approved for Adult Foster Care Administrators pursuant to Rules 400.14203 and 400.15203
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: Approval #: LTS -A1138 (Resident Care)
- National Certification Council for Activity Professionals. NCCAP27104-08