This course is available to the general public for purchase, and is intended for an intermediate audience of heath care professionals.
Fighting ALS – From the Beginning
This course covers recent research has uncovered important barriers to ALS symptom recognition, diagnosis, and treatment.
Topics covered in this course include:
- About ALS
- Common barriers to early ALS symptom recognition
- Recognize the early signs and symptoms of ALS
- Recognize changes in daily activities
- Getting an early, accurate diagnosis
- Fight back with advocacy, support and education
- List and describe the early symptoms of ALS
- List and describe changes in daily function that can occur due to ALS
- Name two common barriers to early, accurate ALS diagnosis
- List 3 tools that can help ALS clients and family caregivers to adjust to diagnosis and change
- NAB: This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 3.0 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS – approval# 20180718-3-A35527-DL – expires 07/18/2018, NAB approval# 20190718-3-A45842-DL – expires 07/18/2019.
- CE Broker Approved for Florida Long Term Care Administrators, Nurses, and Certified Nurse Aides as well as District of Columbia Certified Nurse Aides and Home Health Aides
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: Approval #: LTS -A1138 (Resident Care)
About the Instructor
EasyCEU.com, #1274, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. EasyCEU.com maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 01/06/2014 – 01/06/2015. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits.
Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 (clinical or social work ethics) continuing education clock hours.