Cultural Factors Regarding Sexuality in the Elderly
This course is designed to offer senior care professionals insight into the cultural components that form an individual’s concept of sexuality in order to promote a more culturally competent unit of care.
- Sexuality as a social construct
- Sexuality and aging
- Cultural perceptions of sexuality and masturbation
- Same-sex couples within a nursing home or assisted living community
- Cross-cultural sexual diversity
- Social organization of sexual relations
- Gender roles and sexuality
This course is offered by Missouri Assisted Living Association (MALA) and EasyCEU.com. MALA is an approved Training Agency for the Missouri Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators.
NAB: This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 1.5 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS – approval# 20191213-1.50-A48724-DL – expires 12-13-2019.