Depression in the Elderly
Learn how to identify and help elderly individuals with depression.
This course covers the following topics:
- What is Depression?
- What Causes Depression?
- Can anxiety lead to depression?
- Differentiating Dementia, Depression, and Delirium in the Elderly
- Signs and Symptoms of Depression
- Difficult to Diagnose
- Why it is important to treat
- Proper treatment can prevent suicide
- Passive Suicide
- Treatments for Depression
- How can I help?
- Can Depression be prevented?
- Cornell Scale of Depression in Dementia
- What depression is and what causes it
- How to differentiate between dementia, depression, and delirium in the elderly
- Signs and symptoms of depression
- Different treatments and treatment methods for depression in the elderly
This course is offered by Missouri Assisted Living Association (MALA) and EasyCEU.com. MALA is an approved Training Agency for the Missouri Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators.
NAB: This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 1.0 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS – approval# 20191022-1-A48130-DL – expires 10-22-2019.