Keys to Managing Families/Responsible Parties of Your Residents
Understanding the pressure, emotional stress and other influences on the behavior of the family members of clients in long term care is essential. This course provides an in-depth, hands-on tutorial of how to manage familial psycho dynamics.
This course covers:
- Section 1 – Psychological Traumas
- Section 2 – Why Might They Be Experiencing Trauma
- Section 3 – Why Do They Act Like That
- Section 4 – Empathy vs. Sympathy
- Section 5 – Systems Theory and ABCs to Behavior Modification
- Section 6 – Education and Assessment
- Section 7 – A Complaint is a Gift
- Section 8 – Let’s Apply All of Your Tools
- Identify common psychological traumas
- Realize where the psychological traumas originate
- Understand the motivation for some behaviors
- Know the difference between sympathy and empathy
- Respond to a family member/responsible party empathically
- Apply systems theory and the Antecedent, Behavior, Consequence Model
- Perform an assessment on the decision maker
- Appreciate the purpose and importance of educating the decision maker
- View a complaint as a gift and receive it as such
This course is offered by Missouri Assisted Living Association (MALA) and EasyCEU.com. MALA is an approved Training Agency for the Missouri Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators.
NAB: This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 3.25 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS – approval# 20180713-3.25-A35523-DL – expires 07/13/2018, NAB approval# 20190713-3.25-A44326-DL – expires 07/13/2019.