Memory Care: Setting the Stage
This course covers ways to create a calming environment, activities and enrichment programs and care plans and appraisals.
- How to spot the little things in the environment that make a big difference to the person with dementia
- How to modify the environment in simple ways to make positive differences
- How strongly the environment affects the senses
- How behavior is changed by environmental changes
- The difference having fun makes in our daily lives
- Why activities are important- to the individual with dementia, as well as to visitors and staff
- Simple activities anyone can do
- How to incorporate activities into daily living tasks
- The purpose of appraisals
- Crucial time points to do new appraisals and care plans
- Special care planning considerations for memory-impaired people
- What a care plan is, and how to develop one using an easy step-by-step approach
This course is offered by Missouri Assisted Living Association (MALA) and EasyCEU.com. MALA is an approved Training Agency for the Missouri Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators.
NAB: This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 1.75 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS – approval# 20191022-1.75-A48124-DL – expires 10-22-2019.