Memory Care: The Basics
This course teaches the foundations of care for clients with Alzheimer’s disease. By starting with the basics, you can begin your journey to understanding how Alzheimer’s affects those in your care. Learning the basic tools to memory care will help you help your clients.
NOTE: This course contains both Instructor Led and Active Learning components. You must spend at least 2 hours online to earn your Certificate for this course.
- What Causes Alzheimer’s Disease and how it is diagnosed and treated
- What the person with memory loss experiences
- How the disease progresses
- Basic Principles of Communication
- How to communicate with the Person with Dementia
- How to assist the person with memory loss with daily care
This course is offered by Missouri Assisted Living Association (MALA) and EasyCEU.com. MALA is an approved Training Agency for the Missouri Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators.
NAB: This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 1.75 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS – approval# 20191022-1.75-A48123-DL – expires 10-22-2019.