The Silent Killer: Stress and Burnout
The foundation is laid for understanding in this course by providing you the grim statistics of how burnout affects the physical, emotional & financial well-being of the long term care provider.
- How to identify stressors in your every day life
- How stress infiltrates your life
- How perception defines the difference between those who are stressed and those who are not, despite exposure to the same stressors
- The relationship and difference between stress and burnout
- To appreciate the magnitude of destruction and impact stress and burnout creates
- How to determine how burned out you are using our scale
- To appreciate the relationship between stress/burnout and rituals and habits
- How to create a plan for managing stress in your life
- How to build a vast toolkit for family, staff and residents to utilize to avoid burnout
This course is offered by Missouri Assisted Living Association (MALA) and EasyCEU.com. MALA is an approved Training Agency for the Missouri Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators.
NAB: This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 1.5 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS – approval# 20191022-1.50-A48142-DL – expires 10-22-2019.