Nebraska Assisted Living Facility Administrator Certification
This Assisted Living Facility Administrator Certification Program – Introductory Level, in cooperation with Nebraska Dept. of Health and Human Services, Licensure Unit, Division of Public Health, is a comprehensive 62.5 hour Administrator training program with a 5 hour Nebraska state addendum.
This course consists of the following 5 domains and state addendum:
- Domain 1: Client / Residential Services Management
- Domain 2: Human Resources Management
- Domain 3: Leadership and Governance
- Domain 4: Physical Environment
- Domain 5: Financial Management
- AL Certificate Program I, Introductory – State Addendum – Nebraska
This course covers the basic roles and responsibilities of an AL Administrator, and is intended for new AL administrators in Nebraska, or individuals considering becoming AL administrators in Nebraska.
The purpose of the Assisted Living Administrator Certificate Program is:
- To recognize that the conventional management of a nursing home or hospital is very different from the management of assisted living communities, and therefore, those methods of management are unlikely to produce the appropriate services necessary in the assisted living environment.
- To challenge the administrators of assisted living communities to take the basic management skills they have learned and adapt them to the assisted living field.
- To look for innovative methods and management models that will increase staff efficiency, contain costs, improve the quality of services, exceed both state and local regulations, and most of all, serve the assisted living resident.
- Nebraska Dept. of Health and Human Services, Licensure Unit, Division of Public Health